Monday, November 15, 2010

Really?!

And we're still leaping along. Both kids had colds - thats a hard struggle. Chicken soup for all! And applesauce and Popsicles. James is back to himself finally (after a cold, horrible allergies and another cold - sick for a month! With a horrid cough.)

Why do I find it odd that so many parents seem to be feeding their kids healthier than themselves? I mean your kid is watching you eat! And on top of that - so many families dont eat together at all. It's just weird to me. And I really don't think 1 yogurt covered pretzel with lunch is enough to be considered a "Treat" for a 4 year old but that's just me - a confirmed junk food junkie - I guess. (and I'm not talking about large pretzels I'm talking about the kind that are twisty and come in big bags.)
So enough with my tangent - (feed your kids how you want, just stop trying to make me feel inferior because my kids eat *Gasp* Ice cream instead of frozen yogurt or whatever!)

James weighed in at 29 1/2 lbs the other day! GO James!!He also needs bigger shoes. Again. (good thing Daddy got the next size up hockey skate too!) And Kaylee is moving up to 18 month and 24 month stuff (for length obviously not weight) We see the endo in December. Hoping for an "all clear" but not getting my hopes up too high to be dashed to pieces again.

Oh our favorite season is upon us! Thanksgiving & Christmas. We'll be baking up a storm. And making candy. Oh and the ideas i have for lunches (time permitting) so excited!! And the store bought goodies too....mmmmmmmmmmm.

I shall make a separate post for Caramel apple nut cakes. They are so good. Hard to make some times, but still oh so good & fattening too!

No comments:

Post a Comment