Friday, July 30, 2010

Slowly but surely...

Kaylee is up to 16lbs 6oz and 30 1/4 inches. Not huge but she's growing and that's all that matters. James outgrew 2 pairs of shoes this summer and his jeans are SO short. We have alot of shopping to get to this fall!

The other night we had Banana "coins" or banana pancakes for dinner. It was a huge hit! All I did was dip bananas cut into small circles in the pancake batter and then tossed it on the griddle.
Today for lunch I served his sandwich and yogurt with blueberries in a pirate muffin cup with a pirate flag (toothpick/food pick) and James loved it so much. That means I'm going to go ahead and dig out the cookie cutters and start making lunch time fun. It might mean a few extra minutes preparing the meal, but if I don't have to say "eat your food" 1000 times it'll be worth it. I'm also hoping to get him to try new things. If it looks this cool/fun it MUST be good right?! I sure hope so! I'll post pictures as we start doing this - first I have to get everything together and get some meals planned. (I'm sure my husband will appreciate it if I don't go out and spend a mini fortune on this stuff all at once too!) I'm excited though so I hope it rubs off on James - and in turn Kaylee too.

No comments:

Post a Comment